The fishing season in the Ozark streams hardly every closes. Bass bite nearly the whole year round; and even in winter one may fish from off the ice at Boiling Springs. April and May, September and October are considered ideal months for disciples of good old Isaak to cast a line.
Assembled by Longboat Outfitters guide Kyle Kosovich, this selection of go-to flies will aid you in your pursuit of our native Smallmouth, resident Rainbow and Brown Trout, and other gamy fish that prowl the deep, cool, clear waters.
Eight fly assortment of guide-tested flies for Ozarks rivers.
• Gray Scud
• Red Sparkle San Juan Worm
• Orange and Partridge Soft Hackle
• Beadhead Prince Nymph
• Beadhead Black Hare's Ear
• Beadhead Red Fox Pine Squirrel Nymph
• Beadhead Olive Krystal Wooly Bugger
• Conehead Crawdad Orange Wooly Bugger